23 years old.
Comic-book loving cat lady.
Blogging about Emma Frost, Katie Mcgrath, History, Doctor Who, The Borgias, Harry Potter, Comic books (DC and Marvel), A Song of Ice and Fire, Sass, and cats.
Just did a mock schedule for next semester and I basically have 3 night classes from 6pm to 8:30pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Forget any TV shows happening on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
- I’m going to have no life because research seminar AND a communications class.
- Ewwww Communication class.
- Lots of reading. LOTS of writing.
- I’ll be taking 4 History classes at once.
- Four. History. Classes. At. Once. (I told myself once before I would never again take THREE and now I’ll be taking FOUR.)
- I have Fridays off
- My favorite professor is teaching my research Seminar on Latin America/US Relations ((Aka— How the US fucks up everything it touches.))
- The professor I have an intellectual crush on/kinda want to bang is going to be teaching the night class on Wednesday
- Said class will be on Germany since 1848 which means we will also be talking about Vicky and Fritz. (VICKY AND FRITZ <3)
- Another class will be on Mythology and History.
- Final history class is Gender and Society in European History
So when I was very little I used to spend a great deal of time at my Grandmother’s (We called her Nannie) house. She was an amazing crafter and was crazy skilled at sewing, knitting, crocheting, and cross stiching. I remember when I was little, i used to sit next to her and watch her cross stitch the most amazing things. When I was little I dabbled a bit, but I was too ADD to actually get into something.
But now I’ve basically discovered that nerd culture has taken over cross stitch and have decided to take it up again and I’m just so excited and now I’m basically drowning in pattern ideas.
Sometimes I wish that life was like Jurassic Park because I’d definitely be better at making sure a Tyrannosaurs Rex doesn’t see me than I am at being an adult.
I just dropped my first college class.
Part of me wants to cry because I feel like it’s a failure and the other part wants to sob grateful tears.
But I just couldn’t handle two classes, and taking care of Mum and Bonnie by myself. I was tired of having mini-breakdowns because I didn’t have time to do my work. Something had to give so I’m glad I got rid of the class that wasn’t a major or minor requirement.
I always seem to eat worse when I don’t have someone to cook for.
Like, cooking just seems like so much effort when I’m the only one home.
Ready for Madre to be home. She was supposed to come home tomorrow but her temp spiked. She has to be fever-free for 24 hours before they’ll release her. :/
In exploring the Scott Summers tag..
I have come to the realization that I do, in fact, judge people/blogs based on their OTPs.
I mean.. You could be Gandhi and I probably wouldn’t like you once I find out you ship Jott over Scemma.
Tennyson has been extremely affectionate this past week.
I’m kind of in love with it.
And yes. I am sporting my Minnie Mouse pajamas.
Things That Happened Today—
- I discovered my Speech Professor might be trying to kill me (Every single day I have something due in that class)
- Mom got moved to a regular room on the Cardiac floor for her post-op care! Yaaay!
- I found out that via announcing our first speech topics that there is a girl in class who spent a year doing the DCP, but she ALSO WAS IN QSFB and LOVED IT. I am now officially pumped.
- Found out that, apparently, Patterson Court is kind of boring compared to Chatham. But then again, I don’t plan on being in the apartment too much because I’ll be off having ADVENTURES.
- Had to wait all afternoon on the guys to come and clean the carpets and tile. Have not eaten. Starving to Death.
- Remembered I have 20lbs of homework to do and I still have to make the 25 minute drive down the hospital to see Mum.’
So tired, you guys. So. Freaking. Tired.
My horrible (The gold-digger trying to relive her youth) aunt came by the hospital with her skank of a daughter/my skank of a cousin.
Unannounced and without warning. Guys, I really wish I could have taken a picture of Mum’s face. It was literally like someone just killed a kitten.
And of course, the minute that the Doctor comes in and starts talking about Mum’s surgery, my aunt LOUDLY starts to tear up and excuses herself. Stephanie I look at each other, dry-eyed, and somehow managed to pass the message of, “This is why we don’t want her around here. She has no respect for Hospital Mode,” to each other.
Before we finally convinced them both to leave, My aunt told us that they’d be back to visit mom whether, “We wanted them or not,” and laughed.
But gods we DO NOT want them to come back you guys. It was just like how I thought it’d be. Only worse.
Hospital internet sucks
and apparently my mom is going to have to have open-heart surgery.
This is turning out to be a horrible, horrible day.